Shelford Primary School aims to provide the very best education possible for our students in a safe, secure and happy environment. School staff, parents, students and community, work together to develop broad thinkers who can apply their skills, attitudes, values and knowledge in a changing world.
Shelford Primary was established in 1866, and is located in the rural township of Shelford, 40 km from Geelong.
We understand that the best outcomes are achieved when there is a strong relationship between home and school. As such, the school seeks to maintain a strong sense of community through an ‘open door’ policy, good communication, and whole school and community events which build the connection between parents, teachers and classrooms.
Shelford Primary School strives to provide a welcoming, inclusive and safe learning environment where all children feel they belong. We seek to meet the needs of all students, including their learning, social and emotional needs.
Shelford Primary offers all students a diverse range of programs and activities including:
• 1:1 iPad program
• Fortnightly MARC Van program
• Library resources provided by MARC Van
• Writer’s Notebook program
• Weekly Science lessons
• Daily physical activity, and weekly Health and PE lessons
• Weekly Arts sessions
• Weekly cooking program
• Gardening program, where students grow and maintain a school fruit
and vegetable garden
• French language program
• Resilience, Rights and Respectful Relationships program
• Participation in the Moorabool Valley Association Sports program
• Grade 3 to 6 Camps with the other Moorabool Valley primary schools
• Annual swimming program
Although our school is small in size, it is huge in ensuring the care and ultimate education for each and every student.
Our door is always open and new students are always welcome. If you would like to know more about our vibrant school community, please contact us to organise your visit.